Total Pageviews

Tuesday 16 September 2014

INTRODUCTION TO MY BLOG

This is the introduction to what I'm sure will be the first of many blogs during my PCET training. The first week, (induction) was a little easier than I had imagined it would be.
This week we are begining the nuts and bolts.
The rest of my fellow students are starting to gel and we all seem to know each others names now.
Our backgrounds are varied, from law graduates to artists and from psychology graduates to sound recordists.
What we do have in common though is the desire to learn how to spread our knowledge, to educate learners and to make a difference in their lives. (Sounds profound). There is an enthusiasm in the air, and not a little trepidation.
Lots of questions, important questions are being asked. Where do I find this? How did you do that?
How do I get to....?
All of the staff I have encountered so far have been helpful, I suppose they get used to people constantly asking questions. The technology in the classrooms is brilliant (when it works). Things have moved on beyond description since I was in school 45 years ago. Then it was chalk and black boards, now its interactive white boards (how does that actually work?)embedded links, You tube,....the list is endless. So many questions, so little time. But the over-riding question seems to be.... where are the maintenance grants?
Week 2 and I seem to be the only student who has had money paid into their accounts. Was it a mistake? Will they pay me again when the others get theirs?


Watch this space............

No comments:

Post a Comment