Total Pageviews

Friday 19 September 2014

Microsoft Apps
Week 2 over, a weekend of work and play in prospect!
Play, in that its my 60th birthday and I will have a glass of wine or 2.
Work, in the form of researching Blogs relevant to my subject (English Literature) and sharing/ commenting on them in partnership with Christelle.
I now know how to embed the code for the websites etc into my Blog or any other document. Revelation. What a marvellous app.
But, Microsoft apps are a curse and a blessing. The amount of time I have wasted over the years trying to get Mr Gates' little wonders to do what I want them to do not what they want me to do.
There you go, I've just personified them, such is their influence on our home, working and academic lives.
My latest discovery (well not really a discovery, more part of a lecture delivered by Mandy in her inimitable style) was the ability in Word documents to insert automatic Harvard referencing into essays. I have typed my fingers to the bone over the years oblivious to this little gem.
Thank you Mr Gates. Thank you Mandy. I can now face the future with one less chore to worry about.
I.T. really is moving at a exponential rate.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of opportunities for some links here for your readers to see just how great this application is.

    ReplyDelete