Total Pageviews

Thursday 6 November 2014

My week at Coleg Y cwmoedd got off to an interesting start. I am on an observation week but ended up teaching Technical English to a group of 10 aerospace technicians from the U.A.E. A great experience. One of the items we discussed the meaning of was fuel efficiency. I asked them which was more efficient, a mini or a Ford Mondeo. Puzzled looks all round. So having a light bulb moment I asked a student at random, " well, what car do you drive?"
He answered,  " a Ferrari".
"How about you?" I said pointing to the next student along.
A "Lexus".
"And you?"
"A Ferrari",.....
Porsche Cayenne,
Ferrari,
Mercedes 4X4,
Ferrari........and so on.
Didn't anyone mention to them that there's a recession on?
Sat in on 2 Mechanical principles lectures and understood them. Also sat in on a Health and Safety seminar yesterday.
Railway apprentices tomorrow, a 6 hour day. 3in the am and 3 in the pm.
All good so far!!!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment